FanPost

LeCroy?

I saw that my hometown Washington Nationals released Matt LeCroy today.  What do y'all think about the Jays maybe taking a look? He hasn't been good this year, but he's not a National league player at all, and he has put up respectable numbers in the past.  Used as a righty off the bench/dhing occasionally, he could possibly fill some of Shea's shoes.  He could be a good replacement for Phillips, I think.  LeCroy is horrible behind the plate, but it doesn't really matter since his role would really be as an emergency catcher only (in case the starting catcher got hurt while the other was DHing).  and he is a better hitter than Phillips with more power and improved plate discipline and could dh respectably against lefties.

He could possibly help and, if nothing else, would provide a bit of power off the bench from the right side.  What do y'all think?